• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Telefunken Console Tube Receiver (stereo): $75

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is an interesting old thing.

Two SE channels drive the main speakers
A push pull channel is used for an aux speaker

Tuner: FM, AM, Short Wave I and II
Other inputs: Phono, Tape, Aux
Controls: Volume, Balance, Treble, Bass, and EQ presets.

I have tested the FM tuner through the console speakers, and both channels seem to work fine. The AM belts slip, so you can't tune a station, though that could be remedied. I haven't tried any other inputs. The jacks are unusual, but I have a couple of plugs that could fit them.

I have a complete schematic I will include.

Tube Complement:
(Euro numbering)
ECC 85
ECH 81
2X EF 89
EABC 80
6BH6
EM 84
ECC 83
4X ECL 86 (output tubes, 2 SE, 2 PP)

Anybody interested? As always, it is a project (or several) I just don't have time for.

Attachments

• telefront.jpg
    telefront.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 440
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Try ebay...just saw a Telefunken S-81 Mono tube amp go for $160. I actually have someone local selling their S-81 cheap (2 of them) -

There is a market for these old TF tube amps. Arn't TF tube like the "Bomb" of tubes? Everytime I see them on ebay they are ten times more expensive than all others...

Jeff,

For goodness sake don't post your email addy in format the the spam-bots can read! You can always PM someone, or at the very least write bob "at" bobmail "dot" c o m or something like that. I got to thinkin' about how many projects it might contain, and decided to hang on to it for the time being. I wasn't going to post again in the hopes of keeping it from clogging up the top of page. If I change my mind I'll post it again.

pj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.