2 x 9TAHC Soundaids "Replacement Diamonds" *FREE* - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2007, 09:46 AM   #1
Snowdog is offline Snowdog  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default 2 x 9TAHC Soundaids "Replacement Diamonds" *FREE*

These are going begging!

Someone was offering these up on Freecycle & I offered to take them off her hands & offer them up in a more specialized place.

So I came here.

I know nothing about these things so I'll describe them & you can make of them what you will.

On the face of it they look identical but they differ in small details.

Each is in its own clear plastic box on yellow foam, with a light blue paper strip inside saying:

Soundaids Replacement Diamond
9TAHC D-S
Stereo/L.P. Dia
Stereo /LP Sapp
33/45 RPM

Then there's stuff about consulting your dealer.

Both have yellow plastic main parts but, on one, there is a black plastic sleeve connecting it to the metal arm holding the diamond whilst the other has a red plastic connector.

The red one says SR on the yellow part & the other just says 2 in the same place on its yellow part.

The red one looks absolutely perfect but the black one is showing a slight deflection of angle between the yellow part & the metal part. It also has "16-12-80" written on the blue paper which would indicate it's been used.

A quick search has shown me that these things are still available & are only a tenner so I'm not making anyone a huge saving here, but it would be nice to thing they'd be going to a good home.

If anyone's interested perhaps they could send me a stamped, self-addressed padded envelope & I'll get them straight off to you.

Thanks.
Old 19th September 2007, 10:10 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The Sonotone 9TAHC ceramic cartridge was used as a standard fitting in SP25s and low-cost decks like that in the late 60s and early 70s. (In the UK anyway). It was quite a good device as ceramic cartridges go. Whether anyone who looks at this site still uses such a deck is doubtful perhaps.
Old 21st September 2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Snowdog is offline Snowdog  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Fair enough. I guess at some point I might just have to ditch them but they're not in the way so, for the time being, I'm happy to wait & see if they can help anyone out.

Call me the eternal optimist!

Hide this!Advertise here!