• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Looking For - Celestion FC-12 woofers (Ditton 66s)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They're not for me actually but the story that comes with is a gem - and one we've heard somewhere before.
Buddy calls me up with a tale of woe. Apparently his teen-age son (sounding familiar?) managed to power up the 275w amp connected to the 66s with the gain all nicely cranked way up and the woofers immediately shed their mortal coil (pardon the pun). Son has been told umpteen times to be careful of this procedure but teen-age will be teen-age - as we well know.
Luckily the Celestion are in the #2 system so buddy isn't doing without. But he is a wee bit desperate to gettem' fixed.
So, he's called for my help and now I'm calling for yours. If anyone has what he needs or knows of a lead we'll be indebted.
Thanks for anything and everything.

jac
Edmonton, Alberta

I'm not 120 % certain, but I believe the woofers you need can be found in a pair of ditton 44's as well. There's a multitude of these available on the used market ... usually with their tweeters (the HF 2000's) missing or dead.
I have a pair that I was planning to keep as future replacements if ever needed in my Ditton 66's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.