• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NaO for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built the NaO by John K. and it sounds very good. I see no chance of the NaO sounding lesser than the much more publicised Orion by S.L. Both are great masters of OB speakers. I have also experimented with a different, simplified passive XO to tailor the speakers to my personal taste, which I have been using. The active circuit board is of my own "high-end" design and use only the best components.

Now I am moving forward. Not that I am not happy with the NaO. I am. NaO, being an exceptionally good speaker, was designed by John K. It served very well for my purpose of studying OB speakers. I am keen to build a pair of speakers of my own design, so that I own something I am proud of. So how good the NaO sounds is irrelevant to me now.

I have just come up with a design of my own speakers that use the lowest distortion drivers in a MTMWWSubSub 4 way hybrid active/passive OB. I will meet a furniture maker in a week's time to finalise the cabinet build.

So I am now considering selling the NaO. Basically, I am thinking about selling the NaO with its current dolgy cabinet / u-frame (you need to remake them) at my cost prices, or I can get the furniture maker to build the NaO cabinet and sell at cost price. I pay my respect to John K, and am keeping my agreement that I use his speaker plan for personal (i.e. non-commercial) use only. So I am determined not to make any profit.

Nevertheless, at this stage I do not consider giving a discount from the cost prices on the second hand nature of the drivers, capacitors, etc, because I consider it a very good deal because both XOs are built and you can save a lot of labour. You have music from the NaO immediately without building anything (except replacing the ugly cabinet with a proper one).

I will only ship it to anywhere in Australia, and prefer somebody from Sydney to pick it up.

If you are interested, please send me a PM with the "NaO" in the subject.

Thanks
Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.