• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ALPS RK27 DUAL 50K LOG Pots - Unused

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Due to ordering many more pots than were needed for a project, I have a substantial overstock of ALPS RK27 (‘Blue Velvet’) pots.

They are DUAL 50K LOG, 6mm Shaft, identical to the Farnell part number 1191723 (sold for £17.34 each excluding VAT).

I am prepared to take less than half of Farnell’s price… They haven't left the original box, except to be photographed for the attached jpg.

Most of them are as-standard, but I have some which have had the locating lug machined off by a professional machinist - these will be £1 extra.

Let me know how many you want and I can get a price to you.

For UK members, a Personal Cheque will be fine. I would prefer not to take PayPal, but – for a decent quantity – I will look into setting up an account.

Send me an email and I can give you my contact information / telephone number. For anyone near SE London, you can pick up in person if that suits you.

See attachment for picture of actual pots.

Thanks for looking!

Justin

Attachments

• resize wizard-1.jpg
    resize wizard-1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 710
Hi,

So far, the only requests I’ve received have been from people in the US, for 2-6 pots. I have been quite honest and told these members that, once they include insured delivery, there will be little point in buying from me – they might as well go to Mouser or Digikey! I hope I haven’t offended anyone!

In light of this, I’m putting the pots on Ebay in batches of 10. The price is less than a third of what Farnell are asking.
Ebay Link

Justin

Hi Pars,

To be honest, I jumped to the conclusion that a US-based firm was undercutting me because I listed the pots for sale at another forum before I thought of coming here. The US members at the other forum offered me very low prices, so I assumed, in keeping with what US citizens typically pay compared to Europeans in general on electronics, that a firm such as Mouser was selling the pots very cheaply...

I have seen 'ALPS' pots for sale from Hong Kong cheaply... However, I'm a tad dubious as ALPS sold off a lot of tooling to China a few years back and I can't figure why you'd see pots in HK when they're made in Japan...

If a US member buys a batch of 10 from Ebay (half the price of anyone I know on Ebay, bar the HK 100K pots), that member could sell them on to others I suppose? With shipping fees, it's not exactly economical to sell less than 10 to the US IMHO.

Justin

Hi,

A member from the group (I do not intend to name him) has just been over to buy 25 pots and left in a fury when I said I could not 'lose the VAT'. As stated in the Ebay auction, although I am a sole trader, not a company, I am personally registered for VAT, so please don't expect me to break the law and take 'cash deals'.

The pots are brand-new as-advertised and the price is far lower than any distributor that I am aware of, but - PLEASE - if you're in the UK, don't ask me to lose the VAT.

I will obviously not charge VAT to EU people with a valid VAT number, or to the US (I mention the latter as people from the US have assumed I would charge them VAT before - that wouldn't be cool at all :eek: )

Thanks,

Justin

Hi,

The buyer who took the last batch seemed pretty happy (check feedback - I think he might be a member here!), and I've decided to put another 10 up for grabs, but with a lower price!

This price is an absolute giveaway - if you use these pots for your DIY, you'll never get another opportunity like this unless you buy 400 of them!

As before, the pots are absolutely untouched.

Please, please, don't ask me to lose the VAT! (Unless you're in the US of course!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200163397775

Justin

Hi,

About 5 minutes after posting this, a member from the forum bought the pots.

As you can see, postage to the USA isn't too expensive, but conversion charges can add up. I wonder if any of the members here are interested in a 'group buy'? I have about 50 of the pots left...untouched. I cannot negotiate on the price, but if I sell a larger amount than 10 pots to a US member, the conversion / postage charges will be offset.

Unless anyone suggests otherwise, I will pop them back on Ebay in batches of 10.

Justin

Hi Gabor,

I doubt the postage to Canada will be more expensive than the post I quote to the USA in the auction (link in post 8) - if it is, it will be a matter of pennies, I suspect.

Unfortunately, I am one of the the minority of people who had to cancel their PayPal account due to the company giving me nightmares. I can take Moneybookers (the same model as PP), or International Money Order / Bank wire. Sorry for the inconvenience, but as a self-employed person, I cannot sleep if I use PayPal - it is too open to abuse.

Justin

Gabor - I have sent you an email. Royal Mail classify Canada as being in the same zone as the US, so the postal price to Canada will be the same as that quoted to the US in the auction. Get on the case before 7th of April though, as RM intend to increase their prices then (above the rate of inflation no doubt, this is Britain you know!)

Tobe - if you're who I think you are, thanks for getting on the case promptly. I will post your pots the minute I get the Money Order.

regards,
Justin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.