• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS transcendent sound grounded grid preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a preamp that I built for sale. It is the Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid preamp with a point to point main board, and original Grounded Grid preamp power supply board that I got from a friend who never finished his. So it is an improvement over the standard kit, in my opnion because I'm using Auricaps and higher quality resistors. The power supply has a LOT more capacitance than what is included in the original kit. I have it in a custom case that I bought from a person that specialized in cases for awhile, but went out of business. I have not drilled the front 1/4" panel yet, and it is silver in finish. The volume control isn't anything special and you'll need a different size diameter volume pot shaft to fit the custom aluminum knobs that are included (3). I'm asking $250 plus shipping. That includes the complete preamp and tubes, minus XLR inputs (not needed anyway, but the case has the space). You'll have to drill the front panel. And the preamp works great as is. Sometimes there is a very small amount of hum, but that, I think, is related to the RadioShack pot I have in there. I'd change it to an Alps, but I ended up getting a great deal on another preamp, so this one goes up for sale.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Note: preamp includes the top cover that has ventilation slots on the left and right sides and top. I took it off to show the construction.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.