• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: NIB Grado ZF1+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought 2 or 3 of these in the late 80's. This one has not been out of it's case, unused. I never figured out why, but I always liked the cheaper Grados better (and an 8MR also, but not the mid-range ones). Someone suggested they had different compliance and were suited for different types of arms...(?)

Has paperwork, case, box, 'tool' & sealed hardware packet.

1/2" standard mount.

US$60 + postage - sound reasonable?

How do people 'transact' here? PayPal?

Thanks

Murray

OK, Danny.

You have 'first right of refusal'.

I don't know how reliable the source, but I was told the middle Grados back then were higher compliance and better suited to the lighter Japanese style arms with detachable headshells, and the stiffer British style arms like lower compliance ones.

Whether the above statemment is correct or not it speaks to mechanical properties of the arm, cartridge and maybe turntable suspension too and how they interact...hopefully someone can give an independent answer (I'm not sure, and I'm the seller).

I've been reading about Grados being sensitive to hum pickup, and that's a new one on me...I didn't know that years ago and it never bothered me. :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.