• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: broken Nakamichi CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone? Attached is a pic of the gear I need (the one my index finger is resting on). Thanks!

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 145
Yes. It is a common cause as the teeth wear on the gear, bits of the teeth get stuck causing the pickup to lock or miss the tooth resulting in the mistracking. If you check the gear on the motor closely and there are no teeth missing or disformed, you will not have to replace that gear. the other two larger ones should be replaced at the same time. They are not expensive and I may have some in stock at home.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know that the gear in question in missing teeth, and I would be happy to replace the other gears as well. Nakamichi wasn't terribly interested in replying to my inquiries, and the only other shop I have found so far with the parts wants $17 for the gear plus $13 for shipping (!!!). The player is hardly worth that in working order, so I am hesitant to spend big-$ on fixing it. It IS a nice unit, however, and I'd very much like to see it in operation again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.