• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted Urgent (UK)- A pair of decent Male RCA plugs... (and a few other pieces)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I'm rushing to finish an amp for a beach party, but have become a few pieces short.

I'd be very interested in hearing from any UK people who I could buy from to pop in an envelop for me any of the following:

(need by the 28th)
- a pair of male RCAs, preferably decent, particularly Vampire or Onix OFC Copper

(not so desperate)
- 4 x decent spades, as above preferably decent, like Onix, Vampire, Cardas
- any attenuator knobs, especially black
- a decent pair of binding posts, same story about quality

I know it's a long shot, but any help is much appreciated! :D

I can pay via paypal, and first class post aught to do it. :)

Thanks to any who can help,
Peter C.

Hi Peter. There is a Maplin in Norwich. Address is:
Unit 7, Castle House,
Castle Meadow,
Norwich NR1 3DH.
01603 630044.

They should have what you need.
Shark phonos for 7mm cable pt no AQ57M @ 2.99 each.
Shark phonos for 6mm cable pt no L22BC @ 4.57 each.
They have more in the catalogue and probably everything else you need.I buy most of my gear at Maplins. First class. The Shark plugs are first class. Hope this helps, Si.

harwoodspark said:
Hi Peter. There is a Maplin in Norwich. Address is:
Unit 7, Castle House,
Castle Meadow,
Norwich NR1 3DH.
01603 630044.

They should have what you need.
Shark phonos for 7mm cable pt no AQ57M @ 2.99 each.
Shark phonos for 6mm cable pt no L22BC @ 4.57 each.
They have more in the catalogue and probably everything else you need.I buy most of my gear at Maplins. First class. The Shark plugs are first class. Hope this helps, Si.

Hey!

Thanks for that. I was thinking perhaps Maplin would be the best last-call stop for the pieces.

Unfortunately, I get a 'this item is discontinued' when I put in those codes for the Shark phonos. :(

The Maplin own ones don't look anything to write home about. Then again, they're better than nothing!

Thanks again you two :)
Peter.

Hi Peter. I usually call in at my local branch now rather than use the web. The staff use there internal system to tell you which branch has what. I recently called in at the Blackburn branch to ask about some Shark Wire, the same stuff a well known audio dealer uses to make the leads he sells. They didn't have any but they sent me to the Preston branch where I bought 70 metres for £83! I bought two one metre pairs of leads from this dealer a few years ago and they cost me £105 each. The cable was listed in the catalogue at £4.23 a metre so I think I swam the channel here! I've already made a 1.5 metre pair for myself using Profigold plugs and I'm in the process of making a couple of sets for my son.I shall chase up the Shark plugs as these are the ones fitted to my bought leads. Si.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.