Two 7.5 KV (!) Signal Transformer Isolation transformers, only $200, NYC - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2007, 06:27 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Two 7.5 KV (!) Signal Transformer Isolation transformers, only $200, NYC

Up for sale is a pair of Signal Transformer isolation transformers, model number DU-7.5. Each one weighs 100 lbs, can provide balanced power to an entire system (or run an arc welder, if you choose.) Not sure of age, probably from the early 90s, not brand new looking, but new they would cost $875 each ($1750 for two), I'll sell the pair for $200. One is complete and functioning. The other one had its bakelite terminal area on one side smashed up a bit during shipping (bad packing job), but there is continuity on all the connections, so no damage at all to the windings, can still be set up for tons of balanced power (and the other one, as mentioned, is unharmed.)

To see a photo and read specs, go here and scrawl down to page 28 <http://www.belfuse.com/Data/Uploaded...nalcatalog.pdf> Again, the ones I have are probably 15 years old and have some visible age/wear, but work just fine.

So here is a chance to get two transformers that would cost you over $1700 for only $200 (just covering my costs.) The thing is that I don't want to ship them (and it would be expensive, would have to go freight due to weight), so I prefer pick-up in NYC. Too much stuff in the apartment, and the spouse and I agree it's time to let some stuff go. I have too many projects going on as it is.

Mark
917-561-7484
Old 11th July 2007, 06:52 AM   #2
PM650 is offline PM650  United States
diyAudio Member

It's probably worth clarifying that these are 7.5 kVA units, not 7.5 kV.
Old 12th July 2007, 12:47 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Whoop!

Yes, 7.5 kVA. As I said, you can power an entire system with one.

Hide this!Advertise here!