• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JBL W15GTi subwoofer for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale - a JBL W15GTi 15" subwoofer driver. This is an automotive 15" woofer that uses JBL's differential drive coil geometry for low distortion and high xmax. There is a long coil former with two separate coils in two gaps. They're spaced such that they give a flat BL and Le curve versus excursion. That's why I bought it. I bought this driver new about a year and a half ago and still have not used it. I checked it to make sure it worked and then measured it's T/S parameters, but that's it. Now I'm trying to clear out my house a bit, so it's got to go. If it doesn't sell here, I'll put it on ebay. Measured parameters are:

Fs - 29Hz
Vas - 86.5L
Qts - 0.73
Qes - 0.82
Qms - 6.78
Re - 3.2 ohms (coils in parallel - can also be series connected for ~12 ohm load DCR)
Le - 0.5mH (parallel connection)
Xmax (published) - 20.3mm (one way)

I was going to put it in a 200L sealed box. That should give a f3 around 30hz and a Q of 0.8 for some nice tight bass and around 114dB @ 1m anechoic half space output with 500 watts input power to hit xmax (where it should still be pretty clean due to the coil geometry). More in a normal room. That's a lot of bass.

But you could also do a vented box, say like a 250L box tuned to 22hz. With 1kW input, this would give you around 118dB and a f3 of 18hz, but I'd put a high pass filter at 20hz to protect from over excursion.

Email me for any more details. Price is $250 plus Fedex shipping from 46151 (probably around $30). I have the original JBL box for shipping (which is a work of art on it's own).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.