• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Acculab Speakers possibly for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair (well duh) of acculab speakers, I don;t know what they are worth (feel free to give me an idea) and don't really have any use for them, if you want em and are in South Australia, say something.. :) If you want more pictures, just ask.. :) If you have any idea what these are worth, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 523
In 1980 I listened to a pair of them in a shop in Melbourne. They sounded quite ok. They were asking about AUD$800 for the pair at the time IIRC. Quite a bit. They have a pair of Motorola piezo tweeters don't they? Can't tell from the photo.

BTW, I ended up buying a pair of ex demo JBL L19's for AUD$500. Only kept them for about 3 years. Wish I still had them. :bawling:

So, what are they worth now? :) lol
Perhaps you are thinking of different speakers.. :p These tweeters have nothing written on them.... The woofers have VERY small magnets, and for dampening, the boxes contain one piece of spounge about 30cmX50cm, that just sits in there.. :p lol... also, the crossovers consist of a cap and a resistor... I think, yeah..... ohh, there might be somthing else too.. :) lol

SkinnyBoy said:
Perhaps you are thinking of different speakers.. :p
The ones I heard were definitely Acculab but now I have slept on it I seem to remember that it had a single piezo tweeter.

If those speakers as bad as what you say, the if the wood and construction is any good maybe you could consider putting your Peerless drivers in it.

Circlotron said:

The ones I heard were definitely Acculab but now I have slept on it I seem to remember that it had a single piezo tweeter.

If those speakers as bad as what you say, the if the wood and construction is any good maybe you could consider putting your Peerless drivers in it.

The boxes are unbraced 15mm chipboard.... The woofers that are in them now are 10inch, I have 2 8inch... its going to require some modding.. :p and they are big, bad, ugle boxes if you ask me.. :p and the Peerless speaker boxes is a school woodwork project.. :) Perhaps I'll just take these to cash converters.. :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.