• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Linkwitz Transform PCB's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Its for that XLS sub. The construction work is just about finished so I was hoping to get the LT in place and bring it along to the meet. Thats the timescale I was looking at.

At this rate I think I'm kidding myself on that one though.

How long were you thinking about?

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
pinkmouse said:
Ale! I'll get started on it tomorrow.

So - specs. Regs/PSU onboard, input buffer with phase reverse switch, LT circuit, output buffer, (optional), 12db LR subsonic filter (optional). I might as well make this as useful as possible to other people. :)

Ale it is then. Any particular brand/brew/concoction?

All the rest sounds good. Let us know how it goes Al.

With a bit of luck we should be able to run some sick 15hz cycles at three figure SPL's on the day :D

Hi Pinkmouse, I´m interested in the PCB (in your design)
Some weeks ago I started to build PCB´s, and this improve with the time.
I will be very grateful if you put the design in the thread, then I try to build it (and build the circuit too)
Best regards.

Ernesto.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Got to do some decorating first then I'll get started later on today.

Ernesto said:
...Some weeks ago I started to build PCB´s, and this improve with the time.

It certainly does! I quite frequently lay out PCBs for project I'll never actually build just for practice.

I'll post all the Eagle files here when done. Actually maybe not here, I'll open a new discussion thread for all the details.

Ant I thought the 4x XLS10 sub was vented? Or is this for another sub?

I have LT, filter, mixer and PSU boards already designed and tested, I think I have a spare PSU board which I can send you. The PSU is on my website, the rest of the designs are complete just not put on the site yet. I can send you the details if you want.

Although if you want a single board solution it seems like Al's might be a better choice.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Originally posted by richie00boy Ant I thought the 4x XLS10 sub was vented? Or is this for another sub?

I'm going to use it sealed as it still has enough clean output like that.

I have LT, filter, mixer and PSU boards already designed and tested, I think I have a spare PSU board which I can send you. The PSU is on my website, the rest of the designs are complete just not put on the site yet. I can send you the details if you want.

Although if you want a single board solution it seems like Al's might be a better choice.

Do you have boards for the LT Rich?

I don't want to put on Al. Designing PCB's is a trivial thing. But if yours are already done... :)

Conceptual schematic of controller board.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

First draft PCB of above.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Linkwitz Transform is on it's own board with 2nd-order high-pass filter. I know you said you didn't need a filter, but this was on-board already, and can be wired out. However, if you really want no filter let me know as I can reasonably easily redesign the board to accommodate that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.