• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK: swap 1GB DIMM PC2700 for 512MB one!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not audio related but we all have PCs!

I just bought a 1Gb DIMM of 333MHz DDR-RAM (PC2700) to upgrade my PC and found when I plugged it in that my PC doesn't accept DIMMs larger than 512Mb!!!

Rather than mess around trying to get a refund (this was bought from an overseas ebay seller), would anyone like to swap my brand new 1Gb DIMM for your 512Mb one?

I can use PC2700 speed or the slower PC2100 as my machine is 4yrs old and currently has 512Mb of PC2100.

Prefer UK or Europe so we're not waiting on postage across the pond.

Any takers?

-Len.

To clarify a bit...

My PC has a single 512MB DIMM, and an empty second slot. I was trying to fill this with a 1GB DIMM to make 1.5GB total. Unfortunately the BIOS informed me the machine can only take DIMMs up to 512MB, for a total of 1GB ram.

So I'm looking to swap a single 1GB DIMM (PC2700, non-ecc) for a single 512MB DIMM of similar type.. The plan is I'll post you the 1GB, you verify it works OK in your PC, then post me the 512MB.

cheers,

Len.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.