• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AR Turntables DIY anyone want them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is anyone still DIY-Ing the AR turntables? A friend of mine is having a garage sale and he has 4-1/2 of them for sale.

One has a cover and is complete with arm - no cartridge.

One has a cover but no mat.

two have no covers, but have the base and arm but are in fair condition. best for parts or rebuild.

One is just a mase and motor, no platter or arm.

he wants $10-50.00 each for these plus shipping. if there is any interest i will see what i can do.

email me at tetech2@doitnow.com

shipping outside the US for these would be difficult. but i can see what i can do.

Zc

Not a Problem. My friend Earl has been battling Non Hodgkins Lymphoma for a while now, he has had these storage units full of stuff and his illness has gotten to a point where he just needs to clear this stuff out. Its unfortunate but i am glad to help the guy out and put some bargains in peoples hands.

Did you see the grage FULL of records? that is only one small part of what he has been and will be selling!

There was also a nice Onyko Premap, and a Marantz 2240(i think) receiver there, some old tape recorders, etc.

The sale is still going on today. I will be bringing my laptop and if i can get a wireless connection out there, i will upload some pictures.

Everyone in the Mpls area should stop by. email me for the address.

Zc

I was in a hurry to pick my wifey up from work, but I really wish I'd had the chance to look through the records.

I think that the pricing was more than fair, and I haven't ever seen a collection of fixer uppers and almost theres like that. If someone took em all, and spent some time this summer working on them, they'd make an ebay killing next winter.

(but between this and the thorens i picked up on thursday, the WAF is approaching zero)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.