• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Fisher KX-100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Unit does not work correctly. I suspect that it was either built wrong or monkeyed with. Transformers are perfect however and I was able to get signal through 1 channel OK, the other channel was very low, noisy & hums.

It has a non-original but well fitting bottom cover with feet. (3) of the Fisher-marked 7868's test GOOD, & one is borderline and should be replaced. The (2) Sylvania 12AX7's shown are NEW but the other (4) are absent and will need to be procured. The power supply caps may be OK as the hum is only on one channel. Again, the power & output transformers are perfect.

I bought it for my own use and found the best example I could. I bought repro knob caps (installed) and the faceplate is near perfect. Chassis has the typical Fisher spots. It presents very nicely however overall. If installed in a Fisher wooden case it would look near MINT.

I have priced it well below typical eBay insanity and it is not listed there either. I would like to see an enthusiast or first-timer get it. I am told that the phono section in the Fisher's is quite good as well. I just no longer have the time to troubleshoot this amp.

$175.00 + shipping from Boston, MA ($175 is what I have into it.)

Use 15 lbs. packed weight for USPS shipping cost estimate.

Amp ships via insured parcel post.

Payment via USPS MO sent via US Mail in USA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.