WTB Crown ES-212 & PS Audio parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2007, 08:08 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to AnalolgAlley
Default WTB Crown ES-212 & PS Audio parts

Looking for a step-up transformer, 40:1, for a Crown ES-212 loudspeaker (lost one to lightening) and an emblem. Also a schematic for a PS Audio Moving Coil Amplifier (their terminology - not mine). Successor was called MCA-2.
Crown doesn't have parts for the speakers. Possibly a transformer from one of the other speakers in the line would work - not sure don't have schematics for other than the 212s.
PS Audio doesn't have any information on early units.
Old 27th August 2007, 08:13 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Crown ES212s and 224s

I also have Crown electrostatics, both 224s and 212s.
Please send me a PM with email address.
I may be selling off some of my Crown "stash" as we plan a move into smaller home.
If not looking to buy still contact me. I'm always interested in communicating with other Crown owners.
Thanks.
4-ch-guy
Old 27th August 2007, 08:13 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default One more thing for analogalley

The former head of Crown service from Indiana was trying to get a manufacturer interested in making audio xformers for the 212 and 224 spkrs. Though he was not able, he has info (which I had sent him but I can no longer find it) of a place in Holland that can supply them.

IF you do PM me, I can give you his contact info.
Old 15th January 2008, 07:09 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Interested in ES-212's/224's

4-ch-guy, are you still looking to sell your ES loudspeakers? Pls drop me a pm. I would send you one, but I am 'under moderation' since I have insufficient posts.
Old 15th January 2008, 12:15 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Interested in ES-212's/224's

Quote:
Originally posted by marceljs
4-ch-guy, are you still looking to sell your ES loudspeakers? Pls drop me a pm. I would send you one, but I am 'under moderation' since I have insufficient posts.
I am unable to find how to send PM.
I then went to your profile and tried to send email (might be the way to do it). I found that you have disabled emailing. So.......enable it and post that you have enabled it. I'll receive notification from diyaudio and will respond.
Old 15th January 2008, 12:16 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Interested in ES-212's/224's

Quote:
Originally posted by 4-ch-guy

I am unable to find how to send PM.
I then went to your profile and tried to send email (might be the way to do it). I found that you have disabled emailing. So.......enable it and post that you have enabled it. I'll receive notification from diyaudio and will respond.

One more thing: MAYBE I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POSTS EITHER ???
Old 17th January 2008, 06:19 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Sorry about that...I believe that is all about the rookie 'moderation thing'. I checked my profile, and I see no place where I have specified whether others can or can not e-mail me directly (odd, as on most forums that is a basic configuration which you set when signing up). Of course, I may just have overlooked it If anyone knows what the deal is let me know!

Other than that I guess I am a bit stuck right now as I don't like posting contact details directly on a forum. I shall wait until either I figure it out or I post enough messages that I pass out of my 'moderation'.
Old 17th January 2008, 07:03 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default to marceljs

I understand about posting contact info. I'm also a reluctant. I emailed the webmaster for assistance in putting us together. I have not received a note back. Perhaps you would also contact webmaster and maybe cite our correspondence and ask for assistance. You can mention that both of us would be happy to get PM from each other for the obvious reason.
HTH
Old 17th January 2008, 08:59 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Re: to marceljs

Quote:
Originally posted by 4-ch-guy
Perhaps you would also contact webmaster and maybe cite our correspondence and ask for assistance. You can mention that both of us would be happy to get PM from each other for the obvious reason.
HTH
I did exactly that earlier today...its in the hands of the moderators!
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:31 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to johnmurt Send a message via MSN to johnmurt Send a message via Yahoo to johnmurt
Default Crown ES 212 circuit wanted

Can anyone help me with techical info on the Crown ES 212 Electrostic speaker. Basically I have trouble in the protection circuit which is "clamping" any input signal. The have been some changes in the power supply due our operating voltage of 240vAC. I do have a very simple schematic and the volrtage dropping resistor R5=3.4Kohm, has been replaced by an 18Kohm, as a result the input voltage to the high voltage step-up transformer is too low. By by-passing the R5 resitor and gently bringing the input voltage I have managed to raise the panel voltage to around 680 Vdc, I wary of going further because I'm not sure what the correct HT voltage should be on the panels. Also use a Digital Multimeter OK for taking HT reading or does one need and electrostic voltmeter that dons't load the circuit anyhelp please. John from Australia

Hide this!Advertise here!