RANE RPM 26z digital crossover - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2007, 05:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default RANE RPM 26z digital crossover

Selling this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190103742389

I hate to see it go, but it's been sitting in the closet for over a year now. The second music-only system is just never going to happen.

This is a great unit. Functionality of the DCX2496 and then some, but with a very clever way to control volume control. A single 10k ohm pot can be used to control ALL SIX output levels. No need to create your own volume control!

AES/EBU digital input as well as analog input. I will toss in a Canare impedance transformer if you'd like to convert from a consumer coaxial digital output to AES/EBU.

Fairly ridiculous number of possibilities with this thing. Parametric EQs, delays, XO's (several types), and on and on.

These are around $1000 new.
Old 17th April 2007, 11:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spiritzly
Can you drive the output with an active preamp or would it be best to just use a 10K on it?
Old 18th April 2007, 01:00 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

i'm not quite sure i understand what you're asking. the simplest thing is to wire a single 10k linear pot to the VIP connections in the back. it's that simple, and it controls all six channels together.

in my case i had a remote controlled volume control in a denon cd player. i swapped the pot out to a linear 10k ohm pot, and ran wires out the back of the cd player to connect to the Rane. that worked great. i was using the coaxial digital output, then through a canare impedance transformer to step up to AES/EBU. so i didn't need the internal volume control in the cd player.

did i clear this up, or just further muddy the waters?

- Robert
Old 18th April 2007, 02:22 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spiritzly
That made perfect sense. Just curious what you were looking to get for it or if it is already an on auction deal?

Thanks and send an email to me:

progressiveabsolution@yahoo.com

Hide this!Advertise here!