Subwoofer oscillating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mr Pinkmouse,

If you bother to re-read what I posted you will see the rack of equipment WAS properly grounded. The fact that ONE piece maintained the ground and the ground was shared by the pieces in the rack. There is NO NEED for multiple paths to ground from every piece of equipment in a rack. The equipment is still grounded.

Hi Burnedfingers,

In my Post#6 I wrote;-
You could try disconnecting the mains safety earth lead for your plate amp, and then rely upon earthing through your main system.
TRY - being the test,
EARTH THROUGH THE MAIN SYSTEM - approximating what you write about.
Anyway; problem solved.

Hi Salinas.

So you are driving your sub from the bass loudspeaker. Any amplitude/phase weakness within your main amplifier-bass loudspeaker arrangement (passive crossover or at the end of cables?) will be re-amplified by the plate amplifier.

If at all possible and for more coherent bass reproduction, I would encourage you to drive your plate amp from the same input source as is presently feeding your main (bass) amplifier.

Cheers ......... Graham.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.