Titanic MK3 downfiring sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some pics of my recent build. (while I'm waiting for my drivers for my curved Thor build)
This sub goes DEEP! We watched WOTW with the amp at 1/4 volume setting, it was a threatening feeling when the machine came out from under the street.

sorry about the multiple posts, I don't know how to paste into this thread.
Ron

Attachments

• titanic winisd.jpg
    titanic winisd.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 433
The "bidness end" Down side up. The legs were not attached yet. I did not have the correct size screws. Legs are 1/2" pipe with rubber caps. 3 work great! I am very happy with this Sub. There are others that are better, (Rythemic servo for one) but for a total of $225 total in parts I can't complain. Gotta love Ebay. All parts were new too!

Ron

Attachments

• sub 009 (small).jpg
    sub 009 (small).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 426
Thanks for the interest!

I built it as a down-firing sub because:

I am lacking on space in my Family room due to a huge "L " shaped leather couch.
I have an unused corner behind the couch that now serves the only purpose of collecting gigantic dust bunnies. :eek:
The WAF is high, because she can use it as a picture / vase / plant stand.
I have never built one before.;)

I used 2 software modeling programs, both are free. They produced somewhat dissimalar results on vent length. One program displays the minimum port diameter and the other lets you input the diameter you desire, hence the differing lenghts.
WinISD Pro WinISD Pro
Unibox --> Requires MS Excel 97 or 2000 or Winxp Excel Unibox

The exterior dementions of my sub are 16x16x34, built with 3/4" MDF. All interior corners are reinforced with 3/4 x 3/4 MDF ripped to length. I should have made it a tad bit taller to account for driver mass but it had to "hide" somewhat in the corner for WAF.
Checking with WINISD the difference in performance was minimal. (dropped the 22 Hz by ~1/2 Db)
Cabinet still needs to have it's corners rounded and then painted semi-gloss black. I wait on the UPS guy for delivery of Target Ultima black paint.

Happy to help other if you want to build this great sub!

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.