Whats the best way to measure for voltages in LT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I've made a Linkwitz Transform, and would like to measure the ins and outs of the circuits, to check for overload.
I have taken the signal from my main amp via loudspeaker connection, droped the level using a headphone adapter from an old amp. This goes through my input mixer/ phase switch, 24db lowpass and finaly Transform. I don't have a scope but I do have A.C. millivoltmeters.

Cheers mikee55:)

Here is some data

Hope this helps

Attachments

• linkwitz.jpg
    linkwitz.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 86
Hi
What you really need is an audio signal generator to test LT functions given you have a reasonable AC millivolt meter for the task. You could also use a computer program such as the RightMark freeware to test the LT circuit.
As I see it you have added close to 19dB of gain in your signal path by inserting the LT circuit. So input levels should be adjusted downward accordingly. You don't have to shoot for 20 Hz. Try a more realistic freg giving the LT circuit 8-10dB max. remember you have room gain to boost LF as well, 20Hz is probably an unrealistic goal here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.