Recommend a UK supplier please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure what you mean by 'details of building' but I used http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?download=winisdpro to tune the box but it's just a rectangular box at the end of the day. If you want to have a play with the software you will need the BK-monolith driver file, i've attached it (hopefully, if it works).

Unzip and add to the drivers file in winisdpro.

Hope it works.

Rich.

Attachments

• bk_monolith.zip
    657 bytes · Views: 25
i have had a look but.....

my skills lack to be able to then make a box i need it to bring the design up for me....... with what size wood i need for each bit
not just the port length.

like your sub box the front is inside
the one i did was slot and the top and bottom was bits went over all and then front part of went nearly all the way across till it hit the side

i will show a picture so you can see

but i new what went where and how many bits of wood at each size
nice and simple hehe

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 113
o sorry my explaining is not always that good to what i mean
i would like to make a box for the monolith driver

so more to know what box you have used like how wide it is how tall

port lenth you have used size of wood

and then if it was suitable for my room then would loves to like know all size of would but thats if u would not mind sharing

You could copy, I mean take infuence from, the BK design, the overall dimensions are not that critical but the internal volume/port size are.
If I was to rebuild my box I would make it 100litres internaly with a 100mm port 470mm in length (almost the same as the BK)
This gives you a large box tuned to 20Hz (ish) with a large port to keep port noise to a realistic minimum.
22mm MDF braced as much as you can in all directions.

So you would be looking at a cube box of around 500mm square.

But I'm no expert.:xeye:

yer i have sold one of my JL speakers so i now have enough money just to buy the subwoofer unit with out spending anything as such and i would rather have a home sub than a car subwoofer running

i will how ever need to sort or play with the size to fit it in the room before i buy this subwoofer this is why i was asking about the sort of size

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.