what size would the box be if ........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have an internal volume of 8640 cubic inches and i am using 3/4 mdf from home depot.

i want to be able to give the guy at home depot some measurements, so he can make as many cuts as he can on the panel saw and save me alot of the cutting and money.

i am building 2 matching boxes both

with an internal volume of 8640 cubic inches.

i need a h w and l

i have it figured at 21" x 21" x 20" tall internally

can these be made from 2 sheets of 3/4" mdf or must i buy 3 sheets

i can change the shape some to achieve my goal if needed.

thank you.

cutsheet

I come up with 8820" ^3.
I presume the difference is due to the volume taken up by the driver and the plate amp? Are you using a plate amp?

I checked your work and you could do it with 1 & 1/2 sheets of 3/4 MDF for Both subs.

I did a quick layout cutsheet for you . :D
Use a straight edge and a new blade in your saw.
Good luck,
Ron

Attachments

• zuki.jpg
    zuki.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 162
photos

The file size needs to be less than 102400 bytes.... you need to resize the file and reduce it's color depth to 256 or 16 colors, (I use Lview.exe, but any image program should be able to do this)probably no bigger than 640 x 480 until you've successfully uploaded in the <attach file> box below the <options> window.

save it as a jpeg, not a bitmap

John L.

i finished this job today.

well atleast to the point where everything could play

somethings like shortening of wire and screen drapes are not done yet.

but all i can say is. 15" woofers can earn an eviction notice.

don't have valuable items on shelves, unless you want them to fall off and get smashed.

:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.