Collaborative Tapped horn project - Page 385 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 06:59 PM   #3841
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member
 
NEO Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
After I moved out my parents took in an elderly man with plural fibrosis, that's a horrible condition to have. And a horrible death, but more importantly it ruins your quality of life long before you go.

For TL's and the like FG is not really what you want anyway, you are afterall trying to alter the speed of sound with a "fiberous tangle" not absorb energy by converting it into heat. Get some poly batting from JoAnn or WallyWorld and "live long and prosper"
__________________
Regards,
Dan
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 07:28 PM   #3842
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member
 
DrDyna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO Dan View Post
After I moved out my parents took in an elderly man with plural fibrosis, that's a horrible condition to have. And a horrible death, but more importantly it ruins your quality of life long before you go.

For TL's and the like FG is not really what you want anyway, you are afterall trying to alter the speed of sound with a "fiberous tangle" not absorb energy by converting it into heat. Get some poly batting from JoAnn or WallyWorld and "live long and prosper"
Well, what I have now is a pair of tapped horns...these:

Lab12 - Tapped Horn -

I substituted the drivers for TC Sounds Epic 12s. I haven't used any stuffing or damping at all in the cabinets.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was downplaying a serious illness, but of all the things I've done in my life, a few fibers in the air from a spirited driver is the least of my concerns
__________________
Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 07:28 PM   #3843
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDyna View Post
My whiskey and cigarette habit will probably kill me long before airborne particles, anyway. You only live once!
Kool cigarettes used to use fiberglass for filter material, so you could get fibrosis and cancer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 07:57 PM   #3844
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member
 
DrDyna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltersys View Post
Kool cigarettes used to use fiberglass for filter material, so you could get fibrosis and cancer.
Haha!...naw, Marlboro reds all the way.

Anyway.
__________________
Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 08:21 PM   #3845
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member
 
NEO Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
The amount of engineering put into tobacco products is easily on par with the iphone. If you think about it these two things are now in direct contention for a users time. Maybe Apple should buy up and re-task the tobacco industry to finding the cure for cancer. Thus becoming the worlds savior and putting a lock on being the thing you absolutely positively spend the most time with.

OK that was STRANGE
__________________
Regards,
Dan
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 08:32 PM   #3846
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member
 
DrDyna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO Dan View Post
The amount of engineering put into tobacco products is easily on par with the iphone. If you think about it these two things are now in direct contention for a users time. Maybe Apple should buy up and re-task the tobacco industry to finding the cure for cancer. Thus becoming the worlds savior and putting a lock on being the thing you absolutely positively spend the most time with.

OK that was STRANGE
LOLOL!

Hey, you aren't anywhere near Kansas City, are you? We could have a f**kin blast I think.
__________________
Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 10:46 PM   #3847
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member
 
NEO Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDyna View Post
LOLOL!

Hey, you aren't anywhere near Kansas City, are you? We could have a f**kin blast I think.
Hi DrDyna,
I'm in Ohio. Glad you get it, and that is KEY. So yeah I bet it would be good times
__________________
Regards,
Dan
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 07:59 AM   #3848
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
hey guys, just a short one
I wonder if anyone have tried a TH with slot opening(mouth) ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 08:47 AM   #3849
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member
 
NEO Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Yeah sure, they all are basically a slot.
You have to consider the design though, what do you have in mind? Post your Hornresp model...
__________________
Regards,
Dan
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 08:59 AM   #3850
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinitus View Post
hey guys, just a short one
I wonder if anyone have tried a TH with slot opening(mouth) ?
Tinitus,

I have tried many TH mouth openings, a small sample below.

Define "slot".

Art
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (65.8 KB, 235 views)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2