Thank you Cal

9(11)

b

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 936
bjorno said:

..... 100%, a reversed taper stuffed TH (tapped BP-TQWT) works IMO surprisingly well, lesser in room localized due to the screening effect of the terminus , if can be made small enough.

How does one calculate / estimate the amount of stuffing needed in a reverse taper TH, and the effects on the Hornresp sim?

My shiva 12 looks fairly promising in a reverse taper TH, .. and likewise, my university C-15W in a positive taper TH.

choices , . choices .... :)

Thanks

zobsky said:

How does one calculate / estimate the amount of stuffing needed in a reverse taper TH, and the effects on the Hornresp sim?

My shiva 12 looks fairly promising in a reverse taper TH, ..

Don't know the math unless it's in MJK's docs, but if polyfil it can be estimated using his software, just input your design with the driver nearest the closed end.

Yes, any driver that benefits from using a PR is a prime candidate.

GM

zobsky said:
.......or is the negative taper too severe / efficiency too low?

How do I calculate the max. theoretical SPL that I can get.

Well, FWIW, it has less taper than I would have used back before any simming software was readily available. Guess it depends on how loud you want it play.

In theory, you just use the TH Wizard, but when I try it only requires a fraction of what HR calcs when just inputting a voltage plus the Wizard won't save the results when I click 'save'. Anyway, inputting 28 W (3 W in the Wizard) makes it reach Xmax around 33-34 Hz, so around 110 dB/m in a corner before stuffing.

WRT the latter, if you're going to stuff it, then you'll probably want to make it larger/under-damped to account for its losses down low.

GM