Rythmik Sub Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will this be used for HT or music only?
How big is your room?

I've built the 12", and like FullThrottle said, this thing sounds GOOD. The only commercial sub I've compared it with is the HSU VTF-2, the Rythmik bested it in both output and SQ, which is alot more important to me than output. This is just MY opinion.

jtwrace said:
I want to build a really good (great sub) is this the one? Someone keeps telling me these are as good as anything you can buy. What do you think? I will be using it with electrstatics.

Someone knows what they are talking about, although you can certainly buy louder subs. SQ is on par with the very best.
For the best integration with a full ranged dipole, a relatively low xo should be used <60hz, so that the dipoles modal response can be best utilized. A pair laterally close to mains and similar radial distance would be nearly ideal.

cheers,

AJ

audioferret

I have also just built one using the Kit #1 option. The sound is the best I have had in my house and it is excellent for both music and HT. Brian is great to work with and provides a really nice kit.

How much have you put into the rest fo your system? It woudl be kinda silly to build a $500-plus sub if you only have $500 in the rest of the system...

note: any subwoofer or speaker should be good for both music and HT. If it isn't, look for another product.

Looks Good!

Sonds like this will work out well!

I have the sub volume on mine down at about 9:00 on the gain dial with the Sub level on my receiver at about -5 and it is still almost too powerful for my 10 x 11 x 12 room.

Somehow, I think this will work excellently for you. if you want to get really insane, try kit #3, using two drivers.

Re: No Boom

audioferret said:
This speaker does not "boom"...

...it merely fills you with awe at its almighty power.

The 30 hz heartbeat at the beginning of DSOTM, thunder, and explosions are very realistic and have never felt forced - just very cool...
Hello gentleman,
I just happened to stumble on to this site today. I am glad to hear the good press towards Rythmik, as I just bought one of their 12" standard kits last week.

Hey Ferret,
What is DSOTM?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.