Dynaudio 24w100 sub doable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All the readup i do about subwoofers imply these units are worthless as a sub. What would be a good idea to do with a driver with such a low q?

Just bought a set of Dynaudio Recital speakers, i have two 24w100 units laying around. The Recitals are specced 36Hz-20.000Hz, but have conciderably less bass output than my Philips power monitors (no specs). Could i boost the lows with these drivers? I have a few very respectable toroids and caps to make a suitable subamp.

Really apreciate a pointer here!

Q

All the readup i do about subwoofers imply these units are worthless as a sub. What would be a good idea to do with a driver with such a low q?
Wouldn't call it worthless, looks ok to me, as long as your room isn't to big. How low do you want it to go? Any size restrictions?

I did also build two TL's for a speaker with Qts ~0,28, sounds fine.

Wkr Johan

Those rock!

Does anyone know anything to say about these configurations i came up with (apart from line tapering)?

First one has a "pressure chambre" like a horn, which would benefit the midrange (?). Third would be most effective in terms of cabinet size. Fourth has no equal length pipes, but more folds.

Only the second two allow for driver offset in the line...

My guess is that these PMC's are made like (3). With the help of that cd and driver size i could faily easily backwards engineer the thing, as line length is specified!

Bas

and the designs...;)

Attachments

• tl.gif
    tl.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 217
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.