Help building subwoofer for my PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Id like to build a subwoofer for my PC using an 8in Radioshack dual VS subwoofer that I bought a while back and never used. Im using a small pair of M-audio active monitors with my PC and they are great but dont put out much bass below around 80hz. So im hoping the sub will give me a little bit more extension. It wont be played very looud at all and will be used strictly for 2channel music while im on the computer. Im going to use my soundcard to setup a crossover around 100hz or so and im using an old Pioneer SX838 receiver, its preamp can be bypassed to use it as a power amp. Its a pretty hefty amplifier putting out around 50watts should be perfect. Id like to use industrial cardboard tubing I have, its 12in diameter. I put the specs into Bass Box pro and got a sugested box, but im not sure if I did it right. Can you guys look and see if it seems right?

8in DVC Subwoofer 40-1348a

This is what it suggest if I want to use the 12in cardboard tubing

12in x 11.9 stuffed box
f3 - 64.5hz
f6 - 48.9hz

does this seem right?? 64.5 seems kinda high for a sub? If you guys can take a look and let me know if this looks ok I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.