Sonotube in India - availability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a fan of SVS subs, and would like to build one like that for my holiday home in India. I've a spare SVS driver & plate amp which is very easy to carry in hold luggage.

I've googled but no luck in finding Sonotube or similar stuff in India.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
sunil

Hello Suniil....

Obviously shipping a sono tube from outside of your country would be out of the question, but you might try e-mailing these guys to see if they have any suggestions: http://www.concreteacc.com/sonotube.asp

Oh, and BTW, I hear that PVC pipe works great too..... even sturdier than sono tube, albeit more expensive. Surely this should be available in India ?

Good luck,
Fish

suniil said:
I'm a fan of SVS subs, and would like to build one like that for my holiday home in India. I've a spare SVS driver & plate amp which is very easy to carry in hold luggage.

I've googled but no luck in finding Sonotube or similar stuff in India.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
sunil

Ha Ha, .. googling for stuff in India doesn't work very well, as you've found out. You need to know a guy who knows a guy who knows ...... well, you get the idea.

Seriously, ..
Assuming you still have the enthusiasm for this project once you get past the buffoons at the airport customs, this is what I suggest ....

With all the construction I see around here, you might have better luck contacting a local concrete / building supply store and ask them for the support forms they use when setting concrete pillars ... thats what sonotube is used for .

Sonotube subs are good value for money, ... pick an EBS alignment to maximize the low bass, if you can afford the space. Don't forget to brace both ends of the port (speaking from experience), and if you're going for a smaller diameter sonotube, have the driver top firing and the port firing at the floor.

Best.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.