Sonotube in India - availability - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2007, 11:13 AM   #1
suniil is offline suniil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Sonotube in India - availability

I'm a fan of SVS subs, and would like to build one like that for my holiday home in India. I've a spare SVS driver & plate amp which is very easy to carry in hold luggage.

I've googled but no luck in finding Sonotube or similar stuff in India.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
sunil
Old 30th January 2007, 06:42 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Hello Suniil....

Obviously shipping a sono tube from outside of your country would be out of the question, but you might try e-mailing these guys to see if they have any suggestions: http://www.concreteacc.com/sonotube.asp

Oh, and BTW, I hear that PVC pipe works great too..... even sturdier than sono tube, albeit more expensive. Surely this should be available in India ?

Good luck,
Fish
Old 31st January 2007, 07:43 PM   #3
zobsky is offline zobsky  India
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Sonotube in India - availability

Quote:
Originally posted by suniil
I'm a fan of SVS subs, and would like to build one like that for my holiday home in India. I've a spare SVS driver & plate amp which is very easy to carry in hold luggage.

I've googled but no luck in finding Sonotube or similar stuff in India.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
sunil

Ha Ha, .. googling for stuff in India doesn't work very well, as you've found out. You need to know a guy who knows a guy who knows ...... well, you get the idea.

Seriously, ..
Assuming you still have the enthusiasm for this project once you get past the buffoons at the airport customs, this is what I suggest ....

With all the construction I see around here, you might have better luck contacting a local concrete / building supply store and ask them for the support forms they use when setting concrete pillars ... thats what sonotube is used for .

Sonotube subs are good value for money, ... pick an EBS alignment to maximize the low bass, if you can afford the space. Don't forget to brace both ends of the port (speaking from experience), and if you're going for a smaller diameter sonotube, have the driver top firing and the port firing at the floor.

Best.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:26 AM   #4
suniil is offline suniil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Many thanks for the tips guys.

PVC pipes are widely available in various diameters.

cheers
sunil

Hide this!Advertise here!