Driver Options for Gainclone powered Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay - that power think isn't too hard if I've got it right? But I'm not quite sure what it all means :)

xmax-vs-power.png

Hi raromachine,

Looks good. Just a suggestion if you're looking for better damping material.

For us New Zealanders, in my opinion the best enclosure damping material you can find is open cell packing foam from Para Rubber. It's very dense, basically the same as Parts Express sonic barrier.

Having spent most of the day listening to this sub - I'm in two minds about it's performance and suitability.

Althought it does still have a 180mm^2 hole in one side, it seems that it's VERY loud right down low (i.e. in the 25-35hz frequencies being 'augmented' by the linkwitz xform circuit) - and not as loud nearer it's normal -3db freq.

I almost wonder if the specs were not quite right? Or should I just bolt a plate down over the hole while I wrangle the amp into shape and give it some time?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.