New CSS SD12 Vented Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tim, I see that you had designed it to pair with the Emma. I am interested to know if you have tried it in conjunction with either the Ruby or the Rosa.

I also like the idea of the TB3 surrounds. They look just what I may be looking for. As you said it helps to have matched surrounds. What did you intend to match these with? The ELF1.5 you buddy has put them with?

I played the Cliff with the Emma, Dakini (a.k.a. Adire DDR) and a little 2 way called the Myra-mini (WR125S and HiVi RT1.3).
I think this sub does better with a speaker that can play reasonably deep so the crossover point can be kept low. That would apply to pairing it with the Ruby as well.
A sealed version would probably be a better choice for crossing higher, IMO. Perhaps front firing as well.

The TB3 was my surround design for the Elf 1.5.

Looks like a great design Tim; thanks a lot.

I've also posted the drawing for the sealed version I currently use myself. It's running with the A-400 with 6 dB of boost at 25 Hz.

I have the Reckhorn F-1 and B-1 on order and I think these represent cost effective and unique solutions.

We'll also be posting some other designs shortly and in about 2 months there will be another driver, the SDX15.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.