Linkwitz Transform curcuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
Im going to make a LTC for my SW. But what is the difference between ESP's version and the original LTC spreadsheet version? In the latter there's not included any additional power supplys. what is the point of using this, as shown in esp's version?

The only difference that i can see is that one doesn't have to worry about the DC gain exceeding 20db.
I don't need inverter or mixer curcuit.

http://sound.westhost.com/project71.htm

Attachments

• ltc.jpg
    ltc.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 259
richie00boy said:
ESP's Linkwitz Transform and the 'original LT' are one and the same. You need to worry about gain in all cases.

but on esp's curcuit is it included a power supply. the -15 and +15 thing. and that's not included on the spreadsheet curcuit! So, do i need a power supply, or can i just make the curcuit sketched on the spreadsheet and connect it directly between the main amp and the sub amp?

skogs said:
so if i have a phase switch on my already, all i need is the "Figure 2 - Linkwitz Transform Circuit" on esp and a 15V trafo to get an complete LT? i don't need signal summer as i will get the signal from the sw-output on my main amp.

Ahh it seems you are going into a powered Sub then... you need 180 deg from zero Hz (inversion)... phase adjust switches don't do that. Besides the useless "phase switch" most sub amps have built in filters for bass boosting. So you need to bypass those functions as well if there is any hope of success here.
Just order a LT PCB and a dual power supply PCB from the ESP site or copy his designs exactly. If you want ( if you are technically comfortable) you could rewire inside the amp to use their opamp supply while you defeat the standard built in filter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.