peerless, 4 vs 8ohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
Im building a sub with a closed 50L enclosure and a zachry dsw-250 amp, which is supposed to have 300W @ 4ohm and 160W @ 8ohm. Im going to a peerless xxls driver, either 4 or 8ohm version. I can get the 8ohm for 100$ and 4ohm for 160$.

so, my question is: what will the differences between using the 4 and 8 ohm version on this amp be? Will the sub have access to way too little power if using the 8ohm?

thanks for replys:)

Since the XXLS series are high power units with low sensitivity (around 88-90 dB), I personally would choose the 4 Ohm version.
I use 4 Ohm Forster woofers myself....

The difference between 4 and 8 Ohms are that you with 4 Ohm need lover output Voltage but higher Current than using an 8 Ohm woofer. I don't know your dsw-250 amp, however if the ratings you listed are true, then the amp is very suitable to drive a 4 Ohm woofer ;)

thanks alot for the good answer:)
i'll leave the 8ohm out of the question then!
the amp weights over 10kg, so i think it can deliver alot.

but how about the svs 12.2 driver? does anyone know how that one will perform compared to the xxls using the same amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.