How narrow can I make my woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm going to build a couple of 15" woofers in a vented cabinet, and would like to know if you fellow diyers has any experience on how close I can place my woofers to the cabinet side walls :confused:

Due to several reasons, I would like to keep the front of the woofers as slim as possible. I have concidered placing the woofers on the side walls, however this is not practical due to other furnitures :(

Attachments

• wsd.jpg
    wsd.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 170
It shouldn't make any difference as far as the cabinet is concerned.

What is of value is where you place the completed speaker in relation to your walls and room configuration that will make a difference.

How high off the ground you make the final cutout is something you will not be able to compensate for and can excite certain frequency's in the room. Somewhere I have calc's that show dim's off the ground to smooth and average it out.

When I can find it I'll send it to you or post it.

Definitive speaker's made a thin front profile tower design that had a 15" and maybe dual back to back (can't remember which) that had them on the sides and looked quite nice and thin from the front.

I was at CES last week and noticed their new speaker has dual 6x9's in front to keep it narrow.

Regards
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.