Need a replacement 12" subwoofer driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, one if my svs clones took a turn for the worst. One of the drivers died over the weekend and im in need of a replacement. I bought a pair of svs 12.1 drivers a while back and finally after a lot of abuse one passed away.

The setup i have all ready is a 4.3 ft^3 sonotube, 4" port 20Hz tune and a 500w bash plate from partsexpress.

My initial thought was to get a Dayton 12" titanic mkIII for about 150 as a replacement. But i noticed lots of talk about the TC subwoofers also, but the TC are a little more expensive (tc-1000).

Could someone please convince me that the TC is better choice here so i can justify the extra cost?

Or are there other drivers that i should be considering in the 150-200$ price range?

Thanks for everyones time. Have a happy holiday season and merry festivus to all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.