Barking Bed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a problem and two possible solutions lying around in the form of 2 dynaudio 24w100 drivers.

Problem: I live in a student room, 3,50m x 4,50 m and my roommates are still not annoyed enough by me tinkering with audio. So after a dac, cd player and beefy tube amp, now its time for some woof-woof.

But, as i said, i have a very little room.

Looking for a possible place to fit a subwoofer, i noticed i did not use the room under my bed very effeciently. My bed is incredibly ugly too.

Here's the idea: Build a 110 x 210 woofer, about 30-50 cm tall, put a matress on it and have a barking bed :)

As i have 2 woofers, no intend or use for stereo subs and lots of volume. I was thinking of maybe making a TL and closed box sub in one. Best of both worlds?

Any thoughts or help?

Perhaps you'd like to take a look at the Daline concept. What you do is design a sealed enclosure for your drivers, and then add a quarter-wave line tuned anywhere between (1*Fs)>Fb>(0.707*Fs). One of these things is capable of moving a ton of air. I've built a Daline using a 5.25" high-excursion woofer, and I'd swear it was a 10" driver in there. It's also a surprisingly musical-sounding bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.