Subwoofer Need Advice - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2006, 07:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Subwoofer Need Advice

Hello guys I am hoping someone here can give me some feedback. I am gathering the equipment for an HT / Sound room and I need a subwoofer. Doing my research I came up with three options but if there are other please let me know : )

TC Sounds LMS-4000 with TC Sounds passive radiators and a big amp

Rythmik audio Servro sub with matching amp “which is a TC Sounds woofer”

Gr-Research subwoofer and matching passive radiator “looks like a peerless sub” and a Apex "Senior" Subwoofer Amp with remote control

The TC Sounds LMS-4000 reminds me of the Eclipse Audio subs “which were made by TC Sounds” that I used to install back in my car audio days. Is the price of the LMS-4000 and a large amp really worth the added 3db or so?

Does anyone have any experience with the Gr-Research sub?

Thanks
Matt
Old 15th December 2006, 11:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

i havent seen any gr-research subs, but i have seen a few of the TC drivers. those lms4000's should be very nice subs, i was looking at them myself. a buddy of mine has an 18 inch 4hp, and its crazy...with the lms, it would have even less distortion. that 4hp sounds beautiful already...and the whole thing about the 4000 is that it doesnt need 3kw.
Old 15th December 2006, 11:32 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

If you ask about the Rythmik and the GR subs on Audio Circle you should get some feedback. There are some owners of each.

Lin

Hide this!Advertise here!