earthquake holees wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need help i just bought a earthquake holees 15" subwoofer. It is dual voice coil at 1 ohm a piece. 6000 watts rms for both voice coils. i was wondering how to run this....i have 2 boss 3500 amps that run 2000rms x1 at 2 ohms, supposedly...i dont think it is that many watts at the voltage i have. i was thinking about running one to each voice coil... i seen about strapping amps but nothing was too good at explaining it. I also have 2 mtx 1501d amplifiers that can run as low as 2 ohm... if there was a way to hook two amps up to get 1 ohm i would run 4 amps on the sub, but idk if that is possible.

Any help would be appreciated, preferably on a low budget(thats why i have the 2 boss amps lol)

thats a really nice sub you got there...if i were you i would sell the 2 boss amps, and the 2 mtx amps, and get an Adassa audio warlord. its 5kw rms at 1 ohm i believe...boss amps are not the nicest quality, and im tryin to be nice lol. i just couldnt have a beef sub like that, and not give it the proper amping....either that or sell the sub and get something that doesnt need 6kw =p sorry not tryin to be an a$$, just givin my 2 cents...good luck...and do you have any pics of the holee? =)

PS i would use those Mtxamps wayyy before i even looked atthe boss amps, even tho they "say" they put out more watts....those mtx amps are pretty solid and put out rated power...where the boss amps, no way they put out 2kw....ever

the problem is the sub is dual 1 ohm voice coils so i would need 2 amps if they were rated at 1ohm. I know the boss amps are weak :( i have one pushing a Cerwin- vega stroker 10" dual 2 ohm. i got it wired down to a 1 ohm load on the amp but i was severly dissapointed at the response that is had.... when i had two Mtx 9500's hooked up with a mtx 1501d on each my eye balls rattled.... with the one cerwin vega my rear view mirror barely shakes.

what i really need is to get down to 1/2 ohm or find 2 amps at 1 ohm and hook them up like that. although i dont quite understand the impedance factor if you strap amps together. I also have a question that if i hook the two mtx 1501d's to one voice coil.... 1500 watts at 2 ohm if together that would equal 1 ohm????? i know a dual 2 ohm voil coil on a sub wired together equals 1 ohm but does it work the other way around?

incriminator audio 40.1. will laugh at .5 ohm....its not rated at quite 5kw, but i have heard about people running them at .13 daily and getting incredible output from them. really robust amps....http://www.incriminatoraudio.com/amp.htm

they dont have the 40.1 up on the site yet...but it is basically twice the output of the 20.1, and you could call them and buy it right now. hope it helps )

edit: oh and i know you said price is an issue, the 20.1 is msrp of $959, but you can get them for about 500, id imagine the 40.1 is about 959 in reality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.