F3 Vs. Enclosure Size Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is my first diy sub project and, i was wondering if maybe there might be a better suitable enclosure size, FB,and F3 tuning for the driver i have and the fact that it's just 2 channel stereo setup mainly for music but, some 2 channel HT use. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-190 this is the driver i am using. right now it is in a very well, window pane braced enclosure. which, has around 4.8 cu ft internal volume after, subtracting for bracing,driver, and port. using bassbox pro 6, i came up with 21.19 FB. and 29.66 F3. using 14" from flare to flare total length x 4" PRECISION PORT. is my F3 on the high side? or is it alright when using mainly for music purposes? also, should i go for a larger box to help bring down the F3 some? thanks for any advice! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.