Linkwitz Transform-help spreadsheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A pic to jog your memorey

Heres a snapshot.

Attachments

• ltfm query.jpg
    ltfm query.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 219
Hi Rich

With 20 hz the gain is 18.56dB. I was thinking this is within the limit of the Transform circuit. I figure this would extend the system well for the odd movie. When I said choose any frequency I meant any that would be within the gain limit, which I think was 20 dB, that would extent the low frequency limit as low as possible. I've never had a speaker system go that low, so my curiosity says tune it as low as poss.:D

Cheers mike:)

OK I see now. Yes 20Hz is within 20dB gain, but check excursion - I think you will find the sub hitting it's limits on films with that much extension and wanting a decent level of sound.

You will get some reinforcement from the room anyway, it might be too much trying to hit 20Hz flat. If it were strictly for music you could try for 20Hz, but films hammer subs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.