Phase control sch needed - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2006, 01:41 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Phase control sch needed

Hi everybody... i've recently build a bassreflex subwoofer using a Peerless XLS12(8ohm) drived by an hypex ucd400 mudule...

The firtd question is: what is the input sensitivity of this module?(what tension the amp need for maximum power output?)

And, i want to control the phase of my sub with a pot for set the maximum bass pressure possible... I've simulated with EWB the phase shift of the rod elliott phase controller but i've seen thath the phase shift is not the same for all the frequencies, and i don't reached to obtain a 0 situation, someone can explain well the Rod's circuit and help me to obtain a linear(if possible) phase shift between 20 and 90Hz frequencies?

I also accept others schematics
Thanks....
Old 11th December 2006, 02:14 PM   #2
DorinD is offline DorinD  Romania
diyAudio Member

If you like a schematic with bipolars, see here one of my DIY crossover at @70Hz/24dB/8 with phase shift from 20 to 160 degrees. I'm very pleased with such a good performance using so modest components.

http://www.hi-fi.ro/fhifi/download.php?id=12394 and

http://www.hi-fi.ro/fhifi/viewtopic....10640&start=30

Please use 470nF and 22kohm_logarithmic pot for C5 resp. R11 instead of 1uF and 10Kohm.
The inductors and series resistors there are models for those "mini-inductors" of 45mA used in LC filters of little power and the external power supply of 32Vcc is from an HP printer.
All transistors are BC107B and BC177B (hfe~400).
Signal excursion must be under 8Vvv. Phase shift accuracy is resonable good in 25-200Hz spectrum.

Good luck!

Hide this!Advertise here!