Dayton HF or HO?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's time for a new sub again. This time I'm looking to use either the Dayton 15" HF or HO with a 250 watt rythmik audio amp in a 6 cubic foot ported box. Size could be a little bigger, but that's what I'm thinking for now. My skills with WinISD pretty much suck, so I was hoping for a little help from you guys. I'm looking for mostly HT duty so something that has a F3 around 25 or below. I'm wondering if the HT or HO version would better suit my needs and also what I need for porting. I like the looks and fit of the Precision ports, so could I get by using a singe 4" port? If so, what length and what would I be getting for port velocity? Thanks for the help. :D

After a little struggle with WinISD, I think I'll go with a HO in a 5 cubic foot box tuned to about 20 Hz. Is a 4" dual flared port big enough. The numbers looked pretty high, but I don't think I'll be working it that hard and I've got a 4" port already laying around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.