completely homebuilt subwoofer. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th November 2006, 06:08 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Wink completely homebuilt subwoofer.

On one of the posts legendaryfrog said that TB would sell him individual parts of the motor for there subwoofers.

Now the good part... What if you were to buy a few of these motors (say 4) build a massive frame. (however you wanted, I think it was Vikash who built a speaker from scratch). make a cone(some sort of criss cross pattern of light wood covered with posterboard or some strong paper or just cardboard all the way.) and a surround (maybe part of an innertube like on MYTHBUSTERS). put in a wall running IB. This is just an idea that hit me in the face tonight. I'm thinking probably like a 15" or around there. It might be fun and wiil definately grab attention.

Anybody have any kind of ideas or anything that they want to chip in please by all means let me know.

I am a newbie though so please make it sort of simple.

thanks
-James B
Old 28th November 2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

I'm listening...

Have a look at the DIY Parthenon thread as well.
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)

Hide this!Advertise here!