Subwoofer surrond repair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have heard others having success with rubber cement but you have to be careful that the rubber is not adversely affected by the cement. You might also wish to add a piece of tissue paper in the mix to act as a patch and prevent air escaping past the patch. Best if you do this from the inside if possible and be careful not to use too much.

The clear nail polish is used to repair a paper cone. I would hesitate using it on a rubber surround. You have to be careful that the solvent in nail polish does not eat into the rubber. I think I would try it on an old speaker before putting it on the good one. You really only have one chance to get it right.

Hopefully others will chime in.

hot glue works great in my experience... just add a thin film of it(too thick and it will be stiff as hot glue isnt extremely flexible) It sticks extremely well to rubber and if you make the repair on the inside of the speaker you can minimize the visible 'shiny spot' on the surrorund(assuming your surrounds arent already shiny)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.