Sealed box size for Vifa M26wr-0908 .? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th November 2006, 03:24 AM   #1
JandG is offline JandG  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sealed box size for Vifa M26wr-0908 .?

In searching I see 27L to 35L w/ 35L biend ideal for sealed with this driver. I am using it for bass augmentation on a Open baffe project, I don't need much below 40.. my OB's are getting around 70hz. I don't want ported as I have a pair of those allready & prefer sealed. I just want a simple build . I will run the with old school class A's & active Ashly xo's/ Parametric on its way also.If I could get inside dementions from someone it would greatly be appreciated.
Old 8th November 2006, 03:36 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Lothar34
Just over 34L for a Qtc of .707 (that would be with no fill).

36cm x 36cm x 26.5cm internal.
Old 8th November 2006, 10:37 PM   #3
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Hi,
Why settle for about of an octave extension when a full octave is available if you use a superior sounding reflex enclosure instead of the 34 L closed that surely will add muddiness in your application caused by all group delays stacking on each other at 60-70 Hz.

You are simply to close to fc and the box resonance for low pass filtering.

This turns the combination into a narrow band pass filter with a pass band of only 13 Hz.

Another argument is that this driver has data, like its low x-max and an fs/Qes, more suitable and intended for a bass reflex speaker.

B

picture1(1)
Attached Images
File Type: gif ob70.gif (23.5 KB, 200 views)
Old 9th November 2006, 12:07 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default That isn't the best news.

I suppose this is true. I have heard the driver in my system in ported form & it does very well & I have nothing but praise for it. But it is a 3 way cab & not realy sutible for what I am doing now. which is open baffel & not looking back. I do however see that it is very successfully used at 40L sealed on some desighns posted @ Pink Fish Media. My ported subs I have now running do not do well above 50hz or so, They are slow sounding to me. no matter how I hook em up..so ported does have me worried.. My Green cone Saba's are fast. as percieved by my. The ported info I have on this driver is 48L with 3" diam x 7.5" deep port. Is this what you come up with..& I will be trying to cut my Saba's at 100 or so & maybe 200 active via 24lxr from a Ashly XR4001, then run the Vifa's up that, I want to relieve most all bass from the saba's & This will all be temporary for aabout a year till I go complete open baffel everything, except ribbons at the very top xo'ed very high, I am not intrested in anything below 40hz really, quick & tight is all I want ,,I guess I have just had to many bad experiences with ported speakers..in the clean tight & fast department..I know OB bass is clean tight & fast as my Saba's are exactly that, but only go to 70 or so & of course have the -6db problem..If you could go further in why I should go ported so I understand more about this..again I have heard this paticualar driver in proted form & still have those cabs. & it is very good.
Old 12th November 2006, 02:56 PM   #5
fergs1 is offline fergs1  Australia
diyAudio Member

greetings, what about a single sub using the two drivers in pushpull. much lower distortion faster etc

cheers fergs
Old 12th November 2006, 03:41 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default This intrests me..

I have implemented the Vifa m26wr0908's in my OB set up w/ outstanding results, shouldn't be, but they do extremely well. I now ami intrested in the PP single sub you talk of. Is they a place to study such a thing..? the speed & low distortion has me intrested, basically a active 4 way system is what mine will become..I will do a search here for PP subs to start. Thanks
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!