Sealed box size for Vifa M26wr-0908 .?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In searching I see 27L to 35L w/ 35L biend ideal for sealed with this driver. I am using it for bass augmentation on a Open baffe project, I don't need much below 40.. my OB's are getting around 70hz. I don't want ported as I have a pair of those allready & prefer sealed. I just want a simple build . I will run the with old school class A's & active Ashly xo's/ Parametric on its way also.If I could get inside dementions from someone it would greatly be appreciated.

Hi,
Why settle for about ¼ of an octave extension when a full octave is available if you use a superior sounding reflex enclosure instead of the 34 L closed that surely will add muddiness in your application caused by all group delays stacking on each other at 60-70 Hz.

You are simply to close to fc and the box resonance for low pass filtering.

This turns the combination into a narrow band pass filter with a pass band of only 13 Hz.

Another argument is that this driver has data, like its low x-max and an fs/Qes, more suitable and intended for a bass reflex speaker.

B

picture1(1)

Attachments

• ob70.gif
    ob70.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 335
That isn't the best news.

I suppose this is true. I have heard the driver in my system in ported form & it does very well & I have nothing but praise for it. But it is a 3 way cab & not realy sutible for what I am doing now. which is open baffel & not looking back. I do however see that it is very successfully used at 40L sealed on some desighns posted @ Pink Fish Media. My ported subs I have now running do not do well above 50hz or so, They are slow sounding to me. no matter how I hook em up..so ported does have me worried.. My Green cone Saba's are fast. as percieved by my. The ported info I have on this driver is 48L with 3" diam x 7.5" deep port. Is this what you come up with..& I will be trying to cut my Saba's at 100 or so & maybe 200 active via 24lxr from a Ashly XR4001, then run the Vifa's up that, I want to relieve most all bass from the saba's & This will all be temporary for aabout a year till I go complete open baffel everything, except ribbons at the very top xo'ed very high, I am not intrested in anything below 40hz really, quick & tight is all I want ,,I guess I have just had to many bad experiences with ported speakers..in the clean tight & fast department..I know OB bass is clean tight & fast as my Saba's are exactly that, but only go to 70 or so & of course have the -6db problem..If you could go further in why I should go ported so I understand more about this..again I have heard this paticualar driver in proted form & still have those cabs. & it is very good.

This intrests me..

I have implemented the Vifa m26wr0908's in my OB set up w/ outstanding results, shouldn't be, but they do extremely well. I now ami intrested in the PP single sub you talk of. Is they a place to study such a thing..? the speed & low distortion has me intrested, basically a active 4 way system is what mine will become..I will do a search here for PP subs to start. Thanks
DSC02700.jpg

DSC02698.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.