high power low-pass filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just put my hand on 4x Gemini GX-450 speakers (for almost nothing, turns out their intergrated amplifier is crap and breaks all the time)

I stripped the amps and now I want to hook them to the used crown xls 602 I got with them

I want to put 2 of them in parrallel per channel
on each channel , for one of the speaker I want to re-use the old crossover circuit , but for the other I want strictly bass , and lower than the current crossover does , so how can I make a reasonably sharp low pass filter that I can put in series with the woofer ?

I was thinking of a ferrite core with many turn of wire of a gauge high enough for delivering 300W rms to the speaker without melting but that won't make a very sharp filter right ? (that what is in the crossover that came with the gx-450) can I make a better filter ?

btw, I can't filter before the amp because then I would filter both speakers

thanks

(
PS , this is mostly for watching movies, I want a lot of *thump* yo know ;)
the woofers are 4 ohm so I'll be running the amp at 2 ohm (it can do it)
I can give lots of pretty pictures of the insides if you need to
if there are any question feel free to ask of course !

)

amp questin

I would buy another amp to biamp this with a electronic crossover. Passive crossovers cost to much and they offer no adjustment . I would bypass the internall crossover on 2 of them and use the electronic to change the frequency .
DONT LAUGH BUT For experamentall purpose you can use a 12v wall wort and a car 2-way crossover for home use .
I use a energy x01 crossover and crown xls amps for the subs , with a 3 channel amp for my mains and center .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.