Basic sub/amp questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a hafler DH220 amp, i would like to use this to drive my subwoofer (not built yet) and i am wondering a couple things.

If i hook up this amp to the LFE out on a 5.1 reciever will i run into any strange things? like the gain being too low causing low output from the amp.

My plan is to build a sub thats going to rock my home theater very hard, like rattleing the windows hard. Will this amp have the juice?

Along the same lines i am still deciding what to do for the sub itself if you have any suggestions. Space isnt a big issue, i would like to keep the driver + materials under the 700$cdn mark. I want sound quality but this thing needs to have some serious impact.

If the DH 220 is lacking in power i can use it to drive my rears or something, maybe u could suggest an amp at the same time?

Thanks for the input :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.