Is Eminence beta 15 good 4 dipole sub(need quick response)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
greetings peoples, local ebay auction will end in a bit over a day for 4 pairs of Eminence BETA 15 woofers . Nominal Impedance 8 ohms Power Rating 350W rms each Resonance 35Hz Voice Coil Diameter 2" Linear X-max 4mm Total mechanical displacement P-P 23mm (Qes) 0.63 (Qms) 8.10 (Qts) 0.58 (Vas) 334L
Are these suitable for diploe and has anyone had experiense with them.urgent advice needed thanks in advance fergs

Sure, they'd be fine for dipole sub, though they're likely to start their gentle roll off up around 70 if just slapped onto a board. Of course, you're talking about buying 8 of them. With a little EQ, you'll have the head room to easily make them flat down to 30Hz, I'd say (in stereo no less). Build them into ripoles and you could get flat to 50Hz with no EQ.

Good luck.

Kensai

thanks for your quick replies gentlemen, I think I''ll leave that one for another time. I love this forum and the readiness and generosity with which people show each other with respect to time and knowledge, helping each other to strive for very satisfying systems without neccesarily pandering to common,mainstream concepts that rely more on financial reasons to justify their existance. cheers fergs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.